Wednesday 30 January 2013

Another payment today to PRS & PPL

Paying for the music played PPL PRS - UK


Here's an interesting thought - "actually paying hard currency for the music". That's what I've had to do a again today.


In the UK all legal radio stations have to pay for the public performance of playing tunes on the radio and the internet. That includes my Best Smooth Jazz show too.
Anyway another payment to PRS and PPL.  Any help with donations would be great go here to pay and a donation. 


Although my shows are currently "commercial free" and "not for profit"  I still have to make music payments that eventually get distributed to the artists and music publishers and record companies. 


Yup even a little show like mine are illegal if these payments are not made in accordance with European Copyright laws.  Music royalties are looked after by PRS (Performing Rights Society). And PPL (Phonographic Performance Limited).


So yearly I have to make my contribution to the fees paid to musicians and all involved with the music I play. It means that in part most of the artists I play get a payment for music used (if they belong to PRS). I don't mind - but the it's hard on the pocket when you're not a corporate

So donations my listeners make to programme really help not only for music but bandwidth too.



Rod Lucas
host/owner
Best Smooth Jazz



No comments:

Post a Comment