Sunday 3 March 2013

Best SmoothJazz Podcasts

My Smooth Jazz Pocdcast continues to bring you the latest Smooth Jazz releases and classic favourites. This week more from Duncan Millar's album 'Fresh Air'. Millar is a superb musician and composer and from London UK. This album offers fantastic grooves which will see Duncan secure with even more praise from Smooth Jazz  world. Worth buying  - recommended album. 




Best Smooth Jazz is also featuring Paul Hardcastle's - Hardcastle Vll (7) album. Much as I like Hardcastle, I find it difficult to find a reason for playing it in a Smooth Jazz show -  anyway as I said on the show - I find the album a little too samey, I'm looking for something more adventurous from Paul. I feel I've heard it all before. Nothing outstanding but good, smooth meets Chillax.

Greg Chambers forthcoming album sounds good - he sent me a couple of cuts from it, one with Jonathan Fritzen (After Hours) - worth checking out in a few weeks. 

Other new releases worth hearing on this week's 'Best Smooth Jazz' show include Robert Fertl's "While on the Beach". Robert's a multi-instrumentalist and smooth jazz meets Chillax composer. Along with the 'ThreeStyle' band he's based in Bavaria and prolific with releasing new material.  This single displays his talents. Fine Guitarist. More at http://WeLoveMusicRecords.de

Marion Meadows gets featured in this weeks podcast too with music from new alum 'Whisper' also listen out for Drew Davidson's 'Hi 5' from 'True Drew.




I'm also playing a super collaboration of Oscar Peterson and Milt Jackson, 1961 - HeartStrings from 'Very Tall'. Love this track and the vibes and piano have a magic appeal to me always :) 

Been busy this end and look forward to bogging again soon. 


Rod Lucas
Host/Owner
Best Smooth Jazz Podcast
London








Podcasts from iTunes http://SmoothJazzExtra.com 

http://BSJ.fm  (streaming)

http://BestSmoothJazz.com 


PS Forgot to mention Will Sumner's new album and Britain's Con Moto new releases - both featured on this week best smooth jazz. Follow links to the podcast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment